<< Portico: Strength and Honour finally out

9/20/2005

Strength and Honour finally out

After at least two years of development - it was an entry in the IGF in 2004 - Magitech's ancient strategy game Strength and Honour is available in North America. They had trouble securing a publisher in Canada and the US, despite selling the game to publishers in Australia, Poland, China, Russia, Spain and Italy. Did I mention that Magitech is a Canadian company? That explains the spelling of "honour" if not the trouble they had getting the game on shevles.

Strength and Honour is only available directly from the company, and for the standard retail game price of $49.99. That's a lot of money for a game they couldn't get anyone to publish, but not completely out of line.

I'm surprised that Matrix Games, a reliable and devoted ally of small and solo developers didn't get their hands on this game. They certainly would have helped get the word out. Gamespot didn't mention the change in status. Nor did Gamespy. Nor IGN.

To help my countrymen along, here's my little bit to remind those of you that have already forgotten about this game. Once I get my hands on a copy, I'll pass along my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home