<< Portico: An interesting experiment

5/14/2005

An interesting experiment

Over at Gamerdad, Dave Long is subjecting himself to an interesting experiment. He will cut himself off from your typical game news sources and rely solely on the mainstream media for his E3 coverage.

Lots of gamers don't know a lot about gaming. These are the big, bloated, casual gaming mass that really has no idea where to get up-to-date information. I have one friend who has repeatedly asked me for the latest dirt on 24: The Game despite the fact that I don't have a console and that I have linked him to Gamespot at least twice.

Lots of people who care about this sort of stuff knew what the Xbox360 would look like and what its specs would be days before the MTV promo-show for it. Your average console gamer might not have even known that a new Xbox was on the way.

I look forward to hearing about Dave's experience. I find it hard to cut myself off from my Gametab News and read mainstream coverage of gaming more to get an idea of what my nieghbors would know about it. Very little, it seems.

So check out Dave's story and follow his adventures. And spend some time at Gamerdad. A great site with a great team of writers doing some important work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home